Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ms. San Pedro Pageant

Saturday night was the long awaited Ms. San Pedro Pageant. I was asked by the coordinator to be a guest judge. We were also asked to come up with a performance of some kind to present during the pageant while the girls prepared for the evening gown portion of the event. We were asked to get there at 6:00 because the pageant was set to start at 7:00. The girls who were in the dance with me all got there at 6:00 exactly. No one was there yet so we practiced our dance once more to make sure that we were ready for action. After we practiced we sat on the bleachers and waited and waited and waited while people began to slowly filter in. The pageant, however, did not start until an excrutiatingly late 9:00. I sat at a table with 5 other ladies who were also judges. There were 7 contestants and I was in charge of judging them on their poise, charm, gracefulness, portrayal, and audience appeal. Two of the girls that were in the pageant I automatically recognized as students in my 2nd form class. The hardest part of the long lasting pageant was waiting for our turn to take the stage and show off our

No comments:

Post a Comment